Sunday, April 5, 2015

Wagging Heads

"And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads" - Matt 27:39

The older I get, the more tangible is my longing to see my Jesus face to face. The more I desire that, the more vocal I get about Him. I can't shut up about Him. The more I exalt Him, the more people distance themselves from me. If you are His, you've seen this too. Our love for Him is interpreted by unbelievers as a condemnation of them.

While Jesus hung dying on the cross, mockers were heckling Him and "wagging their heads." Can you just picture that? But when darkness fell and the earthquake struck, the wagging stopped as fear overcame them. 

We may live to see this in our own lives, if we are indeed living at the time of His appearing. I can just picture the faces of those TV pundits who have slammed the faith they despise because it shines the light upon their dark lives, when judgment is unleashed. I'll be watching from the mezzanine safely with our bridegroom.

  • Kathy Griffin will be grasping her Emmy Award that she received while wagging her head at Jesus.
  • Rosie O'Donnell will be hiding under the bed she shared with her same-sex partner and her head will stop wagging.
  • Ted Turner who proclaimed, 'Christianity is a religion for losers,' will stop wagging and start crying out to the rocks to hide him from the Judge of all mankind.
  • Bill Maher who wagged his head at Bible-believers saying religion 'stops people from thinking,' will be shaking his fists, instead of his head, toward heaven.
But until then we can expect more of the same from those who hate God and thereby hate His followers. 

Hold fast until He comes!! Hold onto your crowns!!

"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me."- John 15:18-21

“'He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.'" - Rev 22:11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment