Sunday, April 26, 2015

God is our Provider

God is our Provider. We might not always recognize His provision, but sometimes He makes it very clear. I write this from a hotel room in my new town 2,000 miles away from the last place He assigned me to. We sold our house and headed out on closing day without a place to go.
Getting the right rental house here was not an easy task. I needed a place to accomodate four adults and one four-year-old. I found out quickly that rentals controlled by property management companies required a background check and credit check on each adult resident. And they charge anywhere from $25 to $50 per adult - a sum we were expected to pay upfront without any guarantee of a rental.
So I focused on owner rentals and spent a couple of days looking at those and what a disappointment. Most were run-down and in bad neighborhoods or directly next to a high school with students coming and going. The only place that looked custom fit for us, even at a lower price than the others was already spoken for. I was so disappointed as none of the available properties stood up to that one in an ideal location, blocks from where our rental truck was parked at the Wal-Mart, a walk-out basement with a bedroom for my married daughter, husband and granddaughter, an office for me with a mountain/lake view, a playground across the street and within a mile from our new church.
I was about to give up and just put all our stuff into storage and the phone rang. The owner called me back from my number that her smart phone saved and told me those she was going to rent to backed out at the last minute. That, folks, is a God-thing!
We are signing the rental agreement in the morning and moving in on Wednesday.
And all your prayers, I am convinced, made the difference. Taking our needs colectively to our Provider brings results. All the praise to our LORD Jesus. I anxiously await His assignment for me in this new place.
"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever...
He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!"
-- Ps 107-1, 29-31
"The LORD upholds all who fall,
And raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look expectantly to You,
And You give them their food in due season.
You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
The LORD is righteous in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works.
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
-- Ps. 145:14-18


No comments:

Post a Comment