Sunday, July 13, 2014

Feast of Tabernacles Update

I don't know about you, but I wish we could skip over all the bad stuff that must take place before the LORD establishes His Kingdom rule for 1,000 years. I know once the labor pains began, there was no turning back -- and the birth pangs are in high gear right now -- we're in the middle of one huge contraction. 

I don't sound very optimistic to some of my brothers and sisters in Christ when I say I don't believe we're going to see some 'great awakening' or outpouring of God's Spirit between now and the time of Jacob's trouble. Knowing bible prophecy as I do, all I can see is the labor getting harder until the birth -- it's not going to let up now that the prophetic baby is in the birth canal.

During the Tribulation, again I don't see in scripture any big revival there either. The Jews don't believe in Him until they "look upon Him whom they have pierced." How many earth dwellers take heed to what the angel flying through mid-heaven pronounces or what the two witnesses are preaching? It is not very encouraging for a big revival either since the whole world rejoices when the two witnesses are slaughtered. And men hiding in the rocks shaking their fists up at God doesn't represent a spirit of repentance either.

Right now I'm just trusting God daily for His divine protection for me and my family and all those who love Him without compromise. I know I have to be ready to pack up and go when I get the inner witness to do so. We need to be tuned into His still small voice more now than ever. The events going on in Israel right now and the unwalled borders to our country being breached tells me there is no safe place other than where God places us. 

Pondering these things, I thought of the Feast of Tabernacles (Booths) in which the Israelites would make temporary shelters to live in during the week to remind them that God's people must be at the ready when the trumpet sounds. It reminded them of their sojourn in the wilderness before being brought into the Promise Land. They had their staff and sandals next to them ready to move out and get going before danger arrived.

I have an inner witness that I need to look at the things of the world, even where I dwell, in the same way. I'm not going to get comfortable since I could be living in ground zero in Sodom or Gomorrah or out in the wilderness warning people to flee the wrath to come.

I'm also wondering what the meaning is of this passage in which the prophet sees the continuing celebration of this feast even into the Millennium. 

"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." - Zec 14:16

The time is here to keep alert - keep on the watch -- don't fall asleep spiritually speaking. Tune in to the Master's voice -- if you don't, you may miss out on His provision.

"I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.
Then the LORD answered me and said:
'Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.'" - Hab. 2:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment