Sunday, June 1, 2014

Corporate Worship: A thing of the past?



Corporate worship, singing praises to our God, is a glorious tradition in the church that is becoming a thing of the past. So many churches select song leaders based on their talent without any thought to their gifting or calling.

I know a few such gifted men on the planet -- but they are scattered like the rest of us in the post-Christian age we're in. When I read in the Bible of all of us worshiping around the Throne, I long to be there and know I will some day.

The body of Christ is not only lacking in gifted pastor/teachers, but in all other areas of ministry. I think the reason for this is that the church has allowed leaven in and it has grown so exponentially that the entire lump is now leavened. For this reason many true believers have gotten out of those churches in obedience to the LORD's call to 'be ye separate.'

It can be a lonely place up on one of the many hills, metaphorically speaking. I moved my entire family three thousand miles just to be part of a small home church where I had hoped for true Christian fellowship. The song leader was a blessing. She only chose songs that glorified the LORD and were biblically sound. But the group soon broke up when no gifted teacher was among us after the removal of one that read sermons of others to us without attribution.

So many of us find ourselves with no sound fellowship to attend. I plan on relocating again later in the year. I've learned a hard lesson that I cannot count on finding a New Testament church gathering that is leaven-proof. As soon as I think I have and leaven creeps in, the moment I point that out to the leadership I'm no longer welcome.

I'll share this song this morning with others in my same situation. Be transported to the Throne room as you lift your lone voice to the Most High -- Blessed be His name!!

"And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." Rev. 5:6-10

"And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals." 2 Sam. 6:5

No comments:

Post a Comment