Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thy Word is a Lamp to my Feet



Has any professing 'Christian' ever accused you of worshiping the Bible? Or have you been accused of putting God in a box when you test things by His Word?

These are common strategies of the enemy of our souls to dissuade you from remaining in God's Word.

To the first accusation - Do I worship the Bible? I worship the Word - the Logos - who became flesh and dwelt among us. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." I worship that Word - and since Scripture is God-breathed, I certainly will praise His Word.

Accusing a disciple of Christ Jesus of worshiping the Bible would be like accusing a woman in love of worshiping the letters she gets from her fiance while he's away in the military. For me, I will hold fast the Word of life as I await our Bridegroom's return.

To the other mindless accusation of putting God in a box for testing all things purporting to be 'spiritual' by the Word, my response would be: God's Word puts the parameters on itself. We've been given the whole counsel of God and 'the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.'

Know the source of those indictments against us and, as Jesus did when the devil tempted him in the wilderness, stand on God's Word and use your spiritual armor to quench those fiery darts. Pray for those who are listening to the enemy when they speak his slimy words.

Hold fast to the Word of Truth!!

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee. In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me....In God will I praise His word: in the LORD will I praise His word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." - Ps 56:3-4,10-11

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - Jn 8:31-32

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Heb 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment